Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Turning Point

I woke up to my dad doing an imitation of the trumpet charge sound. I said, "Daaad," but got dressed anyway. We went down to breakfast. We went into a building owned by our hotel that serves free breakfast to the people who stay at the hotel. First there was a small stand that has apples and bananas on it for us. Then a clear cabinet that hosted blueberry muffins and scones and there was bread and coffee and stuff.

After breakfast we drove over to where the bike tour area was and worked on fitting our bikes. We had fun getting the most perfect bike possible. In the end I got a bike that is called "Devil's Den" Lucas's was called "Phantom" and mom and dad's were anonymous.

Our tour guide came and we enabled headsets that allowed him to narrate for us - He has a transmitter that connected to ear phones that we were wearing. We biked through Gettysburg and our tour guide was droning about exact dates that aren't that exciting. Then we stopped by some smelly dumpsters and we wondered if this would be worth it.

Will the tour be saved? Tune in next time for the next part!

Ad: Why not the Gettysburg song to go with this? Watch the movie today!

3 comments:

  1. Caleb, your writing is transporting me back to my trip to D.C. when I was in middle school. I'm glad you are having a good time!
    -Ms. Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why were your bikes named? Is that the brand name?
    Did you name them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the bikes has sharpie on them that said there name.

    ReplyDelete